Data Analyst - Digital Services & Experiences Team in Korea
Onsite - Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week
The Role –
DSX Data Analyst : Within GM, Digital Services Experiences Team (DSX) focuses on providing world class customer experiences and maximizing the value delivered by connected vehicle services such as OnStar. The individual in this role will be responsible for providing analytics, data, and business intelligence support to businesses across the company. The Data Analyst will leverage business and technical knowledge to deliver value to DSX that will impact critical decision making, including sales and marketing initiatives. This position will spend time upfront in discovery, scoping business priorities, and data challenges. Finally, this position will provide analytic support including data mining and visualizations/dashboards to generate business insights.
What You’ll Do -
- Performs exploratory analysis on complex data, identify anomalies, and provide useable insight to internal and external customers. Identify opportunities for cost recoveries, cost avoidance, process and control improvements and enhancements to user experience.
- Collaborate with the teams (marketing, sales, IT and DSX etc) to establish and enhance data-driven decision-making processes.
- Propose strategies for business improvement using predictive models and data visualization.
- Extract insights to evaluate and enhance the performance and efficiency of services.
- Understands the business needs, priorities, and how data and analytics can be leveraged to impact business results.
- Establishes, owns, and proactively manages relationships with Business, IT, and Enterprise Data, Analytics, and Insights office (EDAI) personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivers quality solutions.
- Monitors progress, manages risk and ensures key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Conducts on the ground training and coaching for the use of self-service analytics tools.
Additional Job Description
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
• 5 years’ experience translating business needs to data/analytic requirements, turning data/analytics into compelling stories, and applying descriptive, and predictive analytics to measurable outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to execute analytics projects with business teams, and IT in a collaborative, inclusive manner.
• Communication – Ability to effectively communicate at various levels of the organization tailored to the appropriate audience.
• Collaboration - Candidate should demonstrate effective collaboration skills, cross-functionally and across organizational hierarchies.
• Quantitative undergraduate degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, etc.).
• Advanced Degree preferred.
• Proficiency in both Korean and Business English.
• Hands on experience using codeless technologies (KNIME, Alteryx) and/or coding languages (Python, R, and SQL).
• Proven ability to work in agile mode, own projects, and drive to completion.
• Business Intelligence/Reporting Tools: Tableau, Power BI, Excel, Cognos.
• Perform data analysis by building database queries, creating data structures, and design and automate processes using Oracle and UNIX
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications) -
• Interest and understanding of vehicle connectivity services or autonomous driving technology.
• Leadership or project management experience.
• Industry experience in working on Big Data Platforms and Tools such as Hadoop, Cassandra and Apache Hive, Scoop, Hue etc. would be an added advantage.
• 접수마감: 2024년 2월 25 (일) 자정까지
• 제출서류: 영문이력서 및 자기소개서
• 우편, E-mail 및 방문접수는 받지 않으니 유의하시기 바랍니다.
전형절차: [지원서 접수] → [서류심사] → [Phone Screen & Video Assessment] → [면접] → [신체검사] → [최종합격]
• GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
• 지원서 제출이 완료되면 입력하신 개인메일로 채용절차 진행을 위해 개인정보 동의서가 발송되오니, 개인정보 동의서까지 제출이 완료 된 이후 정상적으로 채용절차가 진행됩니다. (You will receive the PI agreement after application submission. Your documents will be reviewed only when the PI agreement is submitted)
• 취업보호 대상자는 관련 법에 의거하여 우대합니다.
• 기재하신 지원사항 및 자격사항이 사실과 다를 경우 합격이 취소될 수 있습니다.
• 기타 궁금한 email@example.com 로 문의해주시기 바랍니다.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.