1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
Staff Engineer – Java and Go, Application Networking and Security
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, implementation, documentation of system architecture initiatives and full product development life cycles.
- Collaborate with project team members and cross functional product teams to execute product goals.
- Push the envelope in adopting new technologies, best design practices to ensure our products are the best.
- Innovate and coach others to innovate.
- Provide technical leadership to other team members and be a team player.
- Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability and future expansion
- Bachelors and 12+ years of related experience; at this level a post- graduate degree is typically expeced or Masters degree and 10+ years of related experience or PhD and 7+ years of related experence
- Experience in developing distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications, APIs.
- Fully participated as a technical lead in several major product development cycles.
- Solid background in design, OOP, object and data modeling
- Deep working knowledge of Java, Spring, Go, K8S, Relational Database
- Experience in design and implementation of service interface and public APIs
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Virtualization technologies, centralized networking, security management are all big plus
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in cloud management system design is a plus
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.