JOB IS FROM: italents.netVIEW1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
Ethernet product portfolio (Switching, Routing and NIC) is designed for high performance computing and networking applications including AI and ML. This is driven by the growing need for high server bandwidth, highest throughput and lowest latency networks. The Ethernet products team is involved in the development of the next generation of network devices and Ethernet NIC solutions for AI/ML and High performance computing applications. We are looking for excellent software and firmware engineers to join the Ethernet product development team.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and development of the data plane and packet forwarding technologies for the network switch and Ethernet NIC products. You will work cross functionally with marketing, architects, silicon development and the QA teams to design, implement, document and test high quality software, drivers and the firmware components.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of the data plane and packet forwarding technologies for Ethernet products Work closely with the Architecture teams, Silicon Design teams and other Software / Firmware teams to architect, design and implement scalable and high performance applications Author and contribute in software design, development, validation, and documentation to deliver high quality, high performance and functionally excellent products. Work with the QA team to define high quality test cases, review the tests and support through the release development cycle. Work closely with the Customer Support Engineers on any customer field issues and provide timely resolutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science/ Electrical/Electronics & Communications or equivalent.
- Overall BS and 12+ years of experience or MS and 10+ years of experience in core networking protocols like IPv4/IPv6, tunneling protocols like VxLAN, GRE and data plane packet forwarding technologies.
- Experience in software development of packet forwarding, network OS, embedded software or related fields
- Experience working on the latest Broadcom switching ASICs including both StrataDNX and StrataXGS families
- Hands-on experience in using Broadcom SDK to program forwarding plane data, including IPv4/IPv6 hosts and prefixes, adjacency, ARP and ND6, VRF, ECMP, etc,
- Strong forwarding plane experience in applications such as EVPN, VxLAN, MPLS, Segment Routing is highly preferred
- Hands-on experience of Linux Systems programming, Linux kernel, Linux Network Drivers, Linux Kernel Networking, Virtual Switching and Data center Networking is desired.
- Good fundamentals on PCI Express bus architecture, DMA, Interrupt processing, RDMA, RoCE protocols will be an added advantage.
- Excellent programming skills in C, C++ and Python.
- Proficiency in developing optimized code in both x86 and ARM64 compiler toolchains.
- Familiarity in working in an open source software development environment and tools such as Git, Jenkins, Gerrit, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills in a combined Software and Hardware environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Ability to efficiently collaborate with multiple teams across geographically diverse areas.
Additional Job Description:
Compensation and Benefits
The annual base salary range for this position is $126,000 - $210,000
This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in accordance with relevant plan documents, and equity in accordance with equity plan documents and equity award agreements.
Broadcom offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental and vision plans, 401(K) participation including company matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave and vacation time. The company follows all applicable laws for Paid Family Leave and other leaves of absence.
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.