Principal Oligo Data Scientist
Principal Oligo Data Scientist
The oligotherapy principal data scientist role is embedded in and directly supports the Oligo Sciences team whose broad remit is the design, characterization, and early development of oligonucleotide therapies. Oligo data scientists will serve a dual purpose of co-developing a data capture & analysis platform with oligo sciences experts and translating their needs broadly across GSK to build methods/models/capabilities that fulfil them.
- Co-design and implement a target tractability system for oligo-guided therapeutic mechanisms such as RNA degradation/interference, and up/down modulation of alternative splicing, poly-adenylation, A>I editing, etc.
- Co-develop a target/complex engagement model that combines target sequence, secondary+ tertiary structure, and oligo chemistry to drive binding assay designs for both high-throughput screening and low-latency optimization.
- Collaborate effectively with renowned GSK experts in genetics, genomics, computational bio & chem, structural biology and medicinal chemistry, artificial intelligence / machine learning, and digital technologies to build the datasets, tools, models, and infrastructure necessary for oligo design & development.
- MS degree in computational life science (bio/med/chem/stats/informatics) with at least 1 published work and at least 5 years of industry experience
- Over 1 year experience with genomic data infrastructure for either public or private collections (e.g. ENCODE, TCGA, DepMap, GTEx, cellXgene, UK biobank)
- Over 1 year experience with Cheminformatic or structural modelling of drug-target binding for small or large molecules validated by real qSAR assays
- PhD degree in computational life science (bio/med/chem/stats/informatics) with at least 1 published work
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication, matrixed collaboration, both team and thought leadership
- Performed target identification or tractability/prioritization for RNA-modulating approaches or RNA-targeted modalities
JOB IS FROM: italents.netVIEW
Please visit GSK US Benefits Summary to learn more about the comprehensive benefits program GSK offers US employees.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.