Job DescriptionAbbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Alameda, CA location in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division, where we are focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
The Data Analyst will use programming and database expertise to gather, analyze, interpret and report quality system data from different functional areas to measure performance, identify opportunities to improve product quality, and maximize process efficiencies using PDCA and Six Sigma Lean methodologies. The position will work closely with area managers across the organization to identify appropriate metrics to ensure data is measurable and actionable, then present the data to site and executive management at regular intervals. This is a fully on-site role in Alameda, CA.
What you’ll work on
- Particularly skilled in quantitative analysis and data management
- Utilize database knowledge, system capabilities to collect, clean, analyze, predict, and effectively communicate information:
- Identify and resolve data quality problems
- Evaluate large data sets for quality and accuracy
- Work with stakeholders to correct data quality errors
- Able to examine and interpret relevant data to quickly develop an analysis plan that will answer key business questions and create value for the organization.
- Analyze data, draw insights, and present results in a cohesive, intuitive, and simplistic manner to site and executive management in monthly and quarterly meetings.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems and process being examined (process improvement/reengineering projects).
- Works with the co-sourcing partners to plan the project, draft project reports and conduct the fieldwork, which includes interviews, process flow determination, critical analysis of activities as value added/non-value added, financial analysis, system data analysis and transaction testing.
- Participates in special projects as they arise, including compliance reviews, financial audits, and due diligence reviews.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities throughout the data lifecycle.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in cross functional team meetings as well as internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with associated regulations, standards, and site procedures.
- Proactively contributes to multiple projects to support the solution design process and delivers the analytical models and algorithms to achieve business value.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined project. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Exercises authority and judgement within defined limits to determine appropriate action.
- 2-5 years’ of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area.
- Bachelors Degree focused in Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar discipline including Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Engineering preferred.
- Can make the daily on-site commute to our Alameda, CA office.
- Experience working in life sciences or healthcare industry preferred.
- Working experience with database applications including programming experience (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Java, Scala, C++ in Linux/Unix and/or equivalent).
- Experience implementing process improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to explain data analysis findings.
- Self-starter who can plan their own work to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, have a strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is$65,900.00 – $131,900.00
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf