Position Title:Software Developer I
Job Group:Professional & Scientific
Required Minimum Qualifications:High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications:Workday experience
Technical knowledge in functional areas of responsibility including Application and software development
Knowledge of programming languages for applicable systems
Secure coding practices
Change control and versioning
Experience implementing and maintaining highly available systems and disaster recovery planning
Experience with development and integration for both vended and on premises solutions
Information Technology Services at Iowa State University is seeking to fill a Workday Business Process and Configuration Developer position that will report directly to the Manager of Workday Business Process and Configuration.JOB IS FROM: italents.netVIEW This position will be a part of a team that will address the technical aspects of operational support requests within Workday to optimize their business needs.
In this role, there will be ongoing collaboration with other Workday BP & Config team members as well as functional units outside of ITS to ensure continuity of business operations. This will include project work that is driven by the functional units such as HR, Finance, Payroll and Enrollment Services, etc. The successful candidate will have strong technical skills, problem solving, and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to execute routine tasks. You will succeed in this role if you are motivated by delivering amazing services. exceptional results and inspiring positive change.
Example of Duties
• Consults with end users and team members to define and document specifications and scope of projects.
• Conducts a variety of software development tasks including program design, program coding, debugging, and documentation for software/systems and applications programs.
• Modifies, maintains, troubleshoots, and supports existing software.
• Assists with the development of detailed systems design specifications to meet defined requirements.
• Assists with the design, development, coding, and testing of new software services, databases, and application systems.
• Writes Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to bridge between vendor systems.
• Works on assignments that are generally of a basic technical nature.
• Individual contributor position with developing professional and/or technical skills working under immediate to general supervision
• Grasps professional-level knowledge and concepts of field while working in a progressive learning mode
• Works on problems and issues of somewhat limited scope
• Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data for which answers are available or can be obtained
• Responds to inquiries and issues, escalating to manager or higher level workers as appropriate
• May lead projects of limited scope and complexity
• May provide guidance to students
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. on an on-going basis without sponsorship.