Senior Data Analyst, Office of the CSO
Position: Senior Data Analyst, Office of the Chief Scientific Officer
Location: Boston, MA
Schedule: 40 hours per week, On-site/Hybrid
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical and Translational Research, the Senior Data Analyst will conduct data cleaning, data management, programming and modeling for project requests from faculty and staff members. The Senior Data Analyst also will conduct intakes to create specifications for new projects. Requirements: Master’s degree with advanced statistical courses, proficient in STATA, SAS, R, and detail-oriented. Minimum of three years of prior experience in data analytics.
- Conducts intake discussions with PIs and helps to plan and specify analyses.
- Performs a variety of duties related to data cleaning, management, and analysis including: statistical programming, dataset cleaning, descriptive analyses, regression modeling, power calculations and multilevel modeling.
- Prepares graphical reports using STATA, SAS, R or other statistical programs and PowerPoint. Writes and keeps detailed codes and project notes
- Provides data/information to research teams using tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, and other tools as needed. Facilitates database building and analysis of survey data.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
- Master’s degree, with advanced statistical courses, required.
- Minimum of 3 years prior experience in data analytics.
- Proficient in STATA and/or SAS and/or R and detail oriented.
- Experience with other statistical software packages a plus. Prior experience working with claims data preferred.
- Prior experience independently conducting analyses and displaying results preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA):
- Advanced proficiency in use of STATA, SAS, R or other statistical programs.
- Advanced proficiency use of desktop productivity tools including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver required products in a timely manner
- Commitment to producing analytic product that consistently meets the highest standards of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment
This position is funded by a 5 year grant. There may be opportunity beyond this grant funding for position integration into ongoing operations.
- Competitive pay
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Highly subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Career Advancement/Professional Development: Access a wealth of ongoing training and development opportunities that will not only enhance your skills but also expand your knowledge base especially for individuals pursuing careers in medicine or biomedical research.
- Pioneering Research: Engage in groundbreaking research projects that are driving the forefront of biomedical science.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
As the primary teaching hospital for Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine and BU schools of public health and dentistry, intellectual rigor shapes our inquiries. Our research is led by a belief that skin color, zip code, and financial circumstances shouldn’t dictate health.
Boston Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Talentacquisition@bmc.org or call 617-638-8582 to let us know the nature of your request.
The position has the potential to be hybrid.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans